oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Fat Girl on a Plane
Kelly deVos
Progress: 28 %
Furyborn
Claire Legrand
Toil & Trouble: 16 Tales of Women & Witchcraft
Tehlor Kay Mejia, Tristina Wright, Emery Lord, Andrea Cremer, Tess Sharpe, Jessica Spotswood, Brandy Colbert, Robin Talley, Anna-Marie McLemore, Zoraida Córdova, Brenna Yovanoff, Nova Ren Suma, Shveta Thakrar, Kate Hart, Lindsay Smith
The Crow Trap (Vera Stanhope #1)
Ann Cleeves
Coming Home
Rosamunde Pilcher

Treachery in Death

Treachery in Death - J.D. Robb Please note that I gave this 4.5 stars out of 5 stars and rounded it to 5 stars on Goodreads.

The only reason why I did not give this one 5 stars was because the speech that Dallas pours all over Mira later on was too much. I may have rolled my eyes a lot. But everything else in the story works perfectly, though once again I may have said shut up Roarke a few times.

After finishing up a case with Dallas, Peabody goes off to work out at the precinct and while in the locker room about to take a shower she overhears two fellow officers arguing and realizes they are both alluding to murder and corruption. Due to this, Dallas and every resource she has does what is necessary to take down the corrupt cops and their leader Oberman.

So even though as readers we know who is behind the murders that start racking up, we get to see Eve and crew tie everything up. And you get to see the machinations going on behind the scenes. This book for once includes everyone, Reo, Whitney, Tibble, Mira, most of Dallas men and women who serve under her, Roarke, McNabb, and Feeney. We even get some looks at other detectives as well which was welcomed.

You pretty much see Robb setting Dallas and Oberman as the opposite of each other. Dallas commands respect, and Oberman sees herself as commanding that same thing in her men, but she's corrupt and has no qualms about using them and others to get what she wants.

There is a fight scene between these two that I did sit up and cheer about, and I kind of wish had went on longer. The payoff though in the end when Dallas and her men do what is necessary in order to stand up for those who Oberman ruins was great though.

I do find it interesting this is never really mentioned again in the series which I find to be weird. A major corruption case like this would make headlines and I can see suspects sneering at New York police officers over this too.