Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2: Generation Why

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2: Generation Why - Jacob Wyatt, G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona Yeah! Back to read about Kamala and her adventures as Ms. Marvel. This second volume had everything I ever wanted. We have Kamala trying to track down and stop The Inventor with an assist by X-Men, Wolverine. Wolverine was freaking hilarious in this comic and I cracked up a bunch of times watching him as he and Kamala interacted.

Kamala still doesn't know how she came to have her powers, but is going to do what she can to stop The Inventor. After going for a ride in the sewers, she comes across Wolverine who is on the look out for a missing teen from the Jean Grey School (I am not typing that whole thing out). Kamala makes a crack about fan-fiction and tells Wolverine how fan fiction between Emma Frost and Scott Summers was number one and his burn about them made me laugh. Yeah he's still bitter (and yup so am I).

The volume really was Kamala realizing that she can trust and rely on others. She seems hell-bent on fighting bad guys on her lonesome. Which doesn't make a lot of sense she she loves Captain Marvel and the Avengers.

Reading the comics in one volume like this really works since you get to see the beginning, middle, and end of particular arcs. We have this one ending with Kamala finding out how she got her powers (which was really cool) and she and the rest of her friends pushing back on being labeled worthless or less than just because their generation is more tech savy/focused than others.