Magic Steals

Magic Steals - Ilona Andrews Not a lot to say about this besides I love the character of Dali. A mystical white tiger and part of the Cat Clan she is now dating Jim the alpha of the Cat clan and also in charge of security for the Pack. This book takes place right before the events of "Magic Rises" though this book in the series order comes right after that book (does that make sense? I hope so).

Please don't read this if you are not up to date with the Kate Daniels series. I have read up to "Magic Binds" which is ninth in the series.

Since I have already read all of the books at this point in the series I know what eventually happens between Jim and Dali so it's a bit weird that Andrews went way back to when they were both dating. In the course of the series these two are now mated and Jim is now in charge of the Pack after Curran rightfully told them to shove it due to how Kate was treated. I also don't really like Jim as a character anymore after the events in Magic Binds. He pretty much showed that he was not a true friend to Curran or Kate so big shrug to him.

Anyway, back to this book. We find out more about how Dali's magic works and how people in her Indonesian community come and call on her when they need help. It was great to see how she and Jim worked together and how she finally realized that he really did love her and want to be with her.

The twosome have a mystery on their hands in this one and I was really happy with the secondary characters development as well. It would have been nice to see some more familiar faces in this one besides Jim and Dali, but it's a novella so you can't expect all of that to be added in.

The other reason why I gave this book 3 stars though was that we don't really find out much about Jim. I loved all of the added information on Dali and her family. But Jim stayed pretty mysterious the whole way through. Maybe the authors should think about having a Jim POV like we have the Curran POV's in the series.