oblue

Abandoned by Booklikes

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

This Time Next Year
Victor LaValle
Progress: 100 %
Flag Counter

Lowcountry Boil

Lowcountry Boil - Susan M. Boyer I have to thank Susan Boyer. I was really wishing for a new Southern mystery series writer to start to read and this novel was recommended to me by a very good friend of mine. I just have to say this ended up being everything I hoped it to be.

Liz Talbot stars as our main protagonist in Lowcountry Boil. A true Southern woman from head to toe, she is also a private investigator who carries a gun. When she returns home to the Lowcountry in South Carolina after it is determined her grandmother was murdered, Liz finds herself accompanied by her teenage best friend. Only problem is her friend is dead. Investigating her grandmother's murder while trying to keep out of her brother the police chief's hair Liz quickly finds herself finding out tons of secrets about her friends and family.

Susan Boyer's Liz Talbot Mystery does remind me of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum's series before it went off the rails. However, unlike with Stephanie Plum we actually do have Liz able to take care of herself and use her weapon properly.

I think many readers will be shocked by the twists and turns this mystery novel takes and just like me may be surprised to find out who the killer is of Liz's grandmother. With an ending that leaves things up in the air I definitely look forward to reading more from this author in the future.