Moonlight Road

Moonlight Road - Robyn Carr Please note that I gave this book 3.5 stars and rounded it up to 4 stars on Goodreads.

This is another Virgin River book that I got a kick out of and was happy to re-read. I had forgotten most of the details about it, but this deals with a character we haven’t seen since “A Virgin River Christmas, Virgin River Book #4” and another one not since “Temptation Ridge”. The male and female hero/heroines in this book are Aiden Riordan and Erin Foley. They have what I consider a really messed up meet-cute (he finds her unconscious after she knocks herself out) and she thinks he is a vagrant coming to steal/assault her and has no idea he is a doctor.

It takes a while for that to unravel and then they both start to look forward to spending time together. I think I was a little bit bummed since even though I like long sweet romances, the one between Aiden and Erin lacked some sparks for me. I think it’s because they just looked at each other and kind of went okay, you’ll do. Or at least it felt that way to me. That is not to say there are not sweet moments between the two of them. But I definitely wanted a little bit of heat and was a bit disappointed.

Aiden is dealing with an ex-wife who just will not go away (and gets more and more dangerous) while Erin is worried over her younger sister (Marcie) who is about to deliver a breech baby boy.

I was intrigued by Erin though since you find out pretty soon how tough she had it being forced to raise her younger siblings after her mother passes away and it becomes pretty obvious her father can’t cope. When her father passes away Erin took over things once again. So it was nice to see her finally be a kid a little bit though I wish we had more scenes with her just doing a lot of activities she never had a chance to do. As someone who is not the oldest, but is always looked to, to take care of the other siblings, I definitely felt for Erin. I think the first time I took a vacation I had the same sort of panic because I really didn’t have one idea about what I should or should not be doing.

We have most of the Riordan clan in this book (honestly they all run together so I can’t really recall) and characters from previous books show up (George Davenport from Forbidden Falls) who is now courting/dating Maureen Riordan. I know I missed some books in between, but I can’t even remember how these two met.

I think this was a satisfying look at Virgin River, though things felt a little too rushed with this one.