oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Uprooted
The Witches Are Coming
Lindy West
The Truths We Hold
Kamala Harris
A Place of Hiding (Inspector Lynley, #12)
Elizabeth George
Daisy Jones & The Six
Taylor Jenkins Reid
Flag Counter

Wolverine: Old Man Logan Vol. 2: Bordertown (Old Man Logan

Wolverine: Old Man Logan Vol. 2: Bordertown (Old Man Logan - Jeff Lemire, Andrea Sorrentino So I liked this volume a little less than vol. 1. That is mainly because Lady Deathstrike has always been my least favorite foe of Wolverine and the shoe-horn of another comic from Uncanny X-Men that did not match the style and color scheme of the previous issues. It really felt tacked on and I wish they left it out.

Vol. 2. collects Old Man Logan #5-8 and Uncanny X-Men #205.

Now that Logan realizes that he is in a different time before the fall and that the fall may actually not happen, he wonders what he should do. He chooses to go in search of the place he first met his wife. And then...comes across her as a young girl. I had some imprinting flashbacks form Twilight so that was a great thing to see come up via this comic. I honestly didn't get why Logan even went in search of his wife. Forget the whole people could be looking for Wolverine in this version (even if it's not the right one) he's older and slower and so could potentially cause harm to other people if he's not at his peak. Either way, I think this was just a set up to show Logan he can't ever have anything good and he's destined to be alone.

We see Lady Deathstrike and the Reavers and how even older and slower, Logan is going to hit that berserk stage and cut them down to size. I was kind of bored though to be honest. I just guessed that somehow Logan was going to get out of it. And I am really tired of Lady Deathstrike's speeches. Girl let it go. Either way though, it was cool to see the panels of the fights.

From that we have Logan back with this version of Jean Grey and others with them doing their best to be by his side. I maybe sniffled when we had Logan and Jubilee back together again.

From that though we jump into the Uncanny X-Men issue and just no. It didn't work at all. We just saw Logan and Deathstrike fight a few seconds ago. Why we go into it again in this issue I don't get it. Maybe just to show how Logan will keep going until the end when there's a kid involved? Eh. Pass on it.

I am really interested in volume 3, but will get to that when I get a free moment.