oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Fat Girl on a Plane
Kelly deVos
Furyborn
Claire Legrand
Toil & Trouble: 16 Tales of Women & Witchcraft
Tehlor Kay Mejia, Tristina Wright, Emery Lord, Andrea Cremer, Tess Sharpe, Jessica Spotswood, Brandy Colbert, Robin Talley, Anna-Marie McLemore, Zoraida Córdova, Brenna Yovanoff, Nova Ren Suma, Shveta Thakrar, Kate Hart, Lindsay Smith
The Crow Trap (Vera Stanhope #1)
Ann Cleeves
Coming Home
Rosamunde Pilcher

Feels a Bit Like Filler, But I Still Loved It

Stephen King's Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born #4 (Stephen King's Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born) - Peter David, Richard Ianove, Jae Lee, Robin Furth

I have to say the art in these graphic novels showing how our Roland becomes the Gunslinger that many long time King fans know and love is awesome. In issue #4 out of 7 in the first part of the series we have Roland and Susan admitting that something is between them and Roland falls in love.

Of course long time readers know what is going to be happening next right? Cause if you don't, I say look away. I am actually a bit nervous to read the final acts of Roland and his first kat-tet as they are investigating what is going on in Hambry.

One has to wonder though if Roland had not fallen in love, would the events that are coming happen? Is that why when we meet our Roland in "The Gunslinger" his heart has gone cold until he meets Jake. Sigh. I really have to re-read the series again. I am longing for it.

I don't have much more to say that even though I liked this little interlude before the storm, it was obviously filler. The issue ends with Susan captured by the mayor who she has promised to.

The writing and art go hand in hand together which is why I am enjoying these issues so much. I finally went and bought the other ones and finished them the other day, just haven't had a chance to keep everything updated.

These issues also have a lot of little extras that long time King fans will get a kick out of I think.

Idris Elba and Tom Taylor in The Dark Tower