The Long Road Home is Filler

Dark Tower: The Long Road Home #1 (of 5) (Dark Tower: The Long Road Home Vol. 1) - Peter David, Stephen King;Jae Lee;Richard Isanove, Jae Lee, Robin Furth

I found myself bored reading this and the next four issues. We get to see Alain and Bert do what is necessary to keep Roland safe after his mind and soul are absorbed into Maerlyn's Grapefruit. Also if you are thinking of eating while reading this issue I say skip food. You get to see Susan's remains and Roland cradling her.

There is some humor here and there with Alain and Bert trying to outrun the posse on their tails.

I am happy though this issue allows us to see how Alain and Bert function without Roland to direct him. We also see Sheemie have something done to him when he comes upon Dogan.

"But don't be laughing at Sheemie, I beg ya, because he's been through considerable trials.

First, he's busy blaming himself for not protecting Susan Delgado from those who did her harm. See him clutching a fallen lock of her hair as if it were Susan herself?"

I am going to complain my Fire got funky this issue and when it tried to enlarge some of the panels it did the show them. I stead the screen went black and I had to keep scrolling forward which was a pain.

The extra in this one follows Arthur Eld still recovering from his Queen's death and her murder from the child she bore. A ghost that is the Queen is seen around the castle and Arthur pities her. This ends with the King appearing to be in some sort of trap.