The Extra Raises this Issue to 3 Stars

Dark Tower: The Long Road Home #2 (of 5) (Dark Tower: The Long Road Home Vol. 1) - Peter David, Stephen King;Jae Lee;Richard Isanove, Jae Lee, Robin Furth

This one feels even shorter than the last issue. We come across Sheemie who is changed by something in Dogan and  released. Then from there then we go to Alain, Bert and Roland as they still try to get Roland in his unconscious body back to Gilead.

Roland finds himself talking to Marten Broadcloak who threatens him.

Once again we find Alain and Bert doing what they can to keep Roland safe from harm.

I honestly found this issue to be a little drab unfortunately. All of the colors were muted except for Roland's eyes which the illustrator depicted as pink and glowing (representing him inside Maerlyn's Grapefruit). And I was amused by one of the writers deciding to have big bolded text spelled as KRAK and BLAM. Made me think back to Batman and Robin in the 70s TV show.

"As Roland wrestles with his inner demons, Alain and Cuthbert have problems of a more prosaic nature..."

The extra shows many in Gilead afraid that Arthur Eld is dead after following a ghost of his wife that was floating around. When he returns weeks later he appears to be bloodthirsty and kills anyone he comes across. Two of Arthur's trusted companions, Sir Bertrand Allgood and Sir Alfred Johns decide that they will do what they can to save Gilead and find their king since they don't believe he could be turned. I did laugh again at the illustration of these two men since they looked like Star Trek characters holding a sword and a gun. I'm sure that wasn't the reaction the illustrator was going for. Still this extra made the issue for me.