Just an Okay Volume of Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Vol. 4: Last Days - Marvel Comics

I feel bad that I wasn't feeling this one. There is a cool scene with Kamala and her mother know. But I'm kind of over Kamala weeping over a jerk (Kamran) and I want her best friend Bruno to just catch a clue though they have a nice scene together.

Since I tend to not bounce around crossovers I have no idea what's going on with The Avengers (shhh don't tell me) but a huge planet looks like it's about to crash into Earth when we follow up with Kamala in this volume. Carol "Captain Marvin" Danvers pops up in this one and Kamala finally gets to see the idol she has worshipped from afar. I did laugh at Carol Dancers being sort of horrified by Kamala and her need to wrap herself around Carol.

Kamran is in this one focused on making sure that Kamala's brother is turned into an Inhuman since he hypothesizes that he and Kamala have the same gene that will be affected by Terrigen Mist.

This volume felt so slow. It felt like it took forever for Kamala to confront Kamran. And I still don't get why she even listens to the mess he spews. They are on different sides so I hope he ends up with an ax to the skull eventually (reason 1,020 why I can't be a superhero, I'm all about the vengeance).

And Carol Danvers irks a bit too since she won't reveal to Kamala what is going on that makes her (Kamala) and me think the end of the world is around the corner.

As I said above, the most moving moment was between Kamala and her mother in this one. And also Kamala gets to hear her brother Aamir defend her and finally realizes her brother is on her side.

The kids at Jersey City in the end dance and refuse to be cowed by what looks to be the end.

There's some material from Spider-Man (2014) issue #7 and #8 that I shrugged my way through.