oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Sisters Like Us (Mischief Bay)
Susan Mallery
Beastly
Alex Flinn
The People We Hate at the Wedding: A Novel
Grant Ginder
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds #1)
Alexandra Bracken
Read, Write, Love at Seaside
Addison Cole
Happiness: The Crooked Little Road to Semi-Ever After
Heather Harpham Kopp
Ancillary Justice
Ann Leckie
Progress: 50 %

Reading progress update: I've read 60%.

Swan Song - Robert R. McCammon

It doesn't feel like I am making much progress with this book. I read chapters and chapters and I see it's moved like a percent. Then I took a look and realized this thing is 864 pages.

I feel bad for saying this, but this thing could be cut a bit. Or at least stop all of the jumping around to Sister, Swan and Josh, and then Roland and that whole crew of horribleness that is going on right now. I guess right now that my big issue is that the whole thing reads like and then this happened, and then this happened, and then this other thing happened. I am just having a hard time keeping things straight.

Also this came out in 1987 which is a few years after King's "The Stand" and I am seeing some similar themes play out with regards to fate. Heck right now Roland is a stand in for Harold from "The Stand". Macklin seems way too similar to Trash Can Man to me.

I adored "Boy's Life" and that book really touched me in a way a book hasn't in years. And so far this is the third of his books I have read that I went, okay, I get it. I like this, but don't love it. I don't see me re-reading this for years to come. But, "Boy's Life" came later when I think you can see how much he has grown. And wow, this is turning into a mini-review and I am going to just end this now.