oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

The Time Traveler's Wife
Audrey Niffenegger
My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories
Rainbow Rowell, Holly Black, Laini Taylor, Myra McEntire, Kiersten White, Stephanie Perkins, Gayle Forman, Matt de la Pena, Jenny Han, Ally Carter, Kelly Link, David Levithan
Secrets of the Tulip Sisters
The Round House
Louise Erdrich
Flag Counter

16 Tasks of the Festive Season - Task 15 - Newtonmas

I got the mix from World Market along with the marshmallow snowflakes. The rum from my libation tables :-)

You only need two teaspoons of the cocoa mix with hot but not boiling water. I always add in a splash (okay two) of the rum and than add in the cocoa. Place snowflake in as soon as you finish stirring. Depending on what kind of mood I am in I will switch out rum with vodka whip cream and maybe add in just a sprinkle of sugar if I don't have marshmallows.

Tasks for Newtonmas: Take a moment to appreciate gravity and the laws of motion. If there’s snow outside, have a snowball fight with a friend or a member of your family.  –OR– Take some time out to enjoy the alchemical goodness of a hot toddy or chocolate or any drink that relies on basic chemistry/alchemy (coffee with cream or sugar / tea with milk or sugar or lemon, etc.).  Post a picture of your libations and the recipe if it’s unique and you’re ok with sharing it.