oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Green River, Running Red: The Real Story of the Green River Killer--America's Deadliest Serial Murderer
Ann Rule
Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons Series)
Leigh Bardugo
Trevor Noah
Colonel Roosevelt
Edmund Morris
Toil & Trouble: 16 Tales of Women & Witchcraft
Tehlor Kay Mejia, Tristina Wright, Emery Lord, Andrea Cremer, Tess Sharpe, Jessica Spotswood, Brandy Colbert, Robin Talley, Anna-Marie McLemore, Zoraida Córdova, Brenna Yovanoff, Nova Ren Suma, Shveta Thakrar, Kate Hart, Lindsay Smith

Reading progress update: I've read 72 out of 288 pages.

Bonfire - Krysten Ritter

Huh. Technically the hardcover I have is 276 pages. The chapters are moving pretty quickly. I think the flow is off though. Ritter isn't allowing me a chance to get settled. We seem to move from one terrible incident after the other with the main character recounting to us how bad the small town she is from was when she was a kid. And seriously this place sounds awful.

The main character (Abby) seems hell bent on proving something is wrong with Barrens (she is now an environmental lawyer) since she wants the town/people to pay for what happened to her as a kid. She also is haunted by a childhood friend who turned enemy that disappeared when they were seniors. I honestly don't get why she cares about this person (Kaycee) since she sounds just as bad as anything.

Not really getting a feel for the secondary characters at all. The setting of Barrens is very well done though.

I am happy to say that this book fits two things on this card. It takes place in a small town and a father is one of the characters in this book. Abby's father (very religious) is in this and now that the man is now older seems broken.

Will see if justice appears in the text. I think it has to be considering the themes in this book.