oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

The Time Traveler's Wife
Audrey Niffenegger
My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories
Rainbow Rowell, Holly Black, Laini Taylor, Myra McEntire, Kiersten White, Stephanie Perkins, Gayle Forman, Matt de la Pena, Jenny Han, Ally Carter, Kelly Link, David Levithan
Secrets of the Tulip Sisters
Phoebe Robinson, Jessica Williams
The Round House
Louise Erdrich
Flag Counter

Reading progress update: I've read 49%.

The Silmarillion - J.R.R. Tolkien,  Christopher Tolkien

I am trying to zen out right now cause if I focus too much on what is happening in the US right now I will scream. I feel really badly for my friends at State Department today. And I thank every thing in the world right now I turned down everyone that tried to push me into the Foreign Service. I can't imagine even dealing with the upheaval at State right now.

Back to the book. At 49 percent/Chapter 20. This is a pretty dense read, but am liking it a lot. I think the main thing is that Tolkien borrows from a lot of other source material, but is doing his own twist/spin on things. I know that for a time Peter Jackson had hopes to put this in movie form, but the Tolkien estate said no. I actually think that this would be too much to put into a movie. It would take at least 5 or 6 movies to even get to the point I am at, at this point.