oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons Series)
Leigh Bardugo
We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy
Ta-Nehisi Coates
The Case for Jamie (Charlotte Holmes Novel)
Brittany Cavallaro
Trevor Noah
Colonel Roosevelt
Edmund Morris
Toil & Trouble: 16 Tales of Women & Witchcraft
Tehlor Kay Mejia, Tristina Wright, Emery Lord, Andrea Cremer, Tess Sharpe, Jessica Spotswood, Brandy Colbert, Robin Talley, Anna-Marie McLemore, Zoraida Córdova, Brenna Yovanoff, Nova Ren Suma, Shveta Thakrar, Kate Hart, Lindsay Smith

Reading progress update: I've read 49%.

The Silmarillion - J.R.R. Tolkien,  Christopher Tolkien

I am trying to zen out right now cause if I focus too much on what is happening in the US right now I will scream. I feel really badly for my friends at State Department today. And I thank every thing in the world right now I turned down everyone that tried to push me into the Foreign Service. I can't imagine even dealing with the upheaval at State right now.

Back to the book. At 49 percent/Chapter 20. This is a pretty dense read, but am liking it a lot. I think the main thing is that Tolkien borrows from a lot of other source material, but is doing his own twist/spin on things. I know that for a time Peter Jackson had hopes to put this in movie form, but the Tolkien estate said no. I actually think that this would be too much to put into a movie. It would take at least 5 or 6 movies to even get to the point I am at, at this point.