oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Meet Cute: Some People Are Destined to Meet.
Nina LaCour, Jocelyn Davies, Huntley Fitzpatrick, Katie Cotugno, Dhonielle Clayton, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Katharine McGee
Truly Madly Guilty
Red Clocks: A Novel
Leni Zumas
The Seven Dials Mystery
Agatha Christie

Reading progress update: I've read 36%.

Death and Night - Roshani Chokshi

Yeah happy to be back here reading about Night and Death.

“I am rarely a guest. Merely an inevitable occurrence.” Her husband did not stir in her arms. His breath had grown soft. While the woman had kept her eyes trained on me, I had taken away his pain, siphoned it bit by bit. I was in a generous mood. “You have come for him.” “As I will for you, one day. I could tell you the hour, if you wish it.” “No.”

Yeah I am good Death.

"He may not even come back as a human. Believe me. I’ve remade emperors into cockroaches and cockroaches into kings. You seem like a reasonably intelligent woman. Would you truly like to keep house for a bug?"

....damn. That's a no from me.

"We turned our gaze to the heavens and waited. There was beauty in the night, if you chose to see it. Some did. Some didn’t. For some, night was the time of dreams and rest, of balance reasserting itself. For others, the hours crowded between dusk and dawn belonged to the ghosts. I knew what they feared: the uncertainty of nighttime, the lightlessness of those hours that were not the black comfort of sleep but the shadows at the bottom of a monster’s throat. I glanced at my reflection and saw their fear staring right at me. Why could I not be dreams and nightmares both?"