oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Fat Girl on a Plane
Kelly deVos
Progress: 28 %
Furyborn
Claire Legrand
Toil & Trouble: 16 Tales of Women & Witchcraft
Tehlor Kay Mejia, Tristina Wright, Emery Lord, Andrea Cremer, Tess Sharpe, Jessica Spotswood, Brandy Colbert, Robin Talley, Anna-Marie McLemore, Zoraida Córdova, Brenna Yovanoff, Nova Ren Suma, Shveta Thakrar, Kate Hart, Lindsay Smith
The Crow Trap (Vera Stanhope #1)
Ann Cleeves
Coming Home
Rosamunde Pilcher

Blah Romance

More Than Neighbors - Isabel Keats
I started this book last Friday while flying and quickly put it aside at the 25 percent mark. This was not good. If you want to read about some guy being weirdly and also grossly attracted to his new next door neighbor, than this book is for you. I just could not get into it. The whole thing made me squeamish. I found out later this was translated, so maybe that is why I got a totally blah feeling while reading this book. It just reads as predictable and I just wasn't in the mood for this.

"More Than Neighbors" is told in alternating POVs by Leopold (that name is terrible) and Catalina (Cat). Leopold finds himself annoyed, but attracted to Catalina. He initially thinks she is his next door neighbor's girlfriend. So he's disapproving on her gold digger ways, but is drawn to her. Blech.

Of course she lets him know she's house sitting for her uncle, but he is still uptight. I left them panting in sexual tension with each other.