oblue

Obsidian Black Plague

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

The Body in the Library
Agatha Christie
They Found Him Dead
Georgette Heyer
Bride of Pendorric
Victoria Holt
Progress: 1 %
Flag Counter

Reading progress update: I've read 21%.

John Henry Days - Colson Whitehead

My eyes are about to glaze over. This is just really boring. I loved Underground Railroad and this is not similar to that book at all.

"The List had been pushed from the earth by tectonic forces. The List possessed a specific gravity measurable by scientific instruments. The List contained weight and volume. The List was aware of those in its charge. It knew if writers moved, switched from this newspaper to that magazine, if they died or retired, and updated itself accordingly. The men and women of the List were surprised at the promptness of the List’s readjustment, but only the first time. After that first time they were surprised at nothing. Contact names were updated with military precision. The publicity firm rolls were never obsolete. If a bouncer at a club quit, or went to jail, or moved to a different club, his replacement was noted and identified to eliminate possible embarrassment. The quirks and pet names of maître d’s at the popular restaurants were indexed. A harmony was achieved. And the List rewarded the world."