oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Death on the Edge
Sara Paretsky
Shell Game (V.I. Warshawski #19)
Sara Paretsky
Sarah Waters
Flag Counter

Bingo categories: 1 through 5

Reblogged from Moonlight Reader:

These are in no order whatsoever!

Book titles link to the Goodreads page for the identified books.

Creepy Carnivals: horror/mystery/supernatural/suspense set in or concerning a carnival, amusement park, or other party/festival.

Book suggestions: Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury, Joyland by Stephen King, Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie, Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern or Carniepunk, an urban fantasy anthology!

Southern Gothic: mystery, supernatural, suspense or horror set in the Southern part of the United States.

Book suggestions: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt, Sharyn McCrumb's mystery series set in Dark Hollow, Tennessee, including If I Ever Return, Pretty Peggy-O, Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen.

Doomsday: anything related to the end of the world, doomsday cults, or a post-apocalypse world.

Book suggestions: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel, The Last Policeman by Ben Winters, The Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler, The House with the Clock in Its Walls by John Bellairs.

New release: mystery, suspense, horror or supernatural that was published after 10/31/17.

Book suggestions: too many to count, but I am personally looking forward to reading Tricks for Free by Seanan McGuire, which was released on 3/6/18!

Genre: Suspense: anything that fits into the suspense genre.

Book suggestions: again, this is a broad category - there are so many available books. I haven't settled on anything to fill this square.