oblue

Obsidian Black Plague

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

The Secret of the Old Clock: 80th Anniversary Limited Edition
Jessica Day George
Progress: 1 %
Flag Counter

Angry, Sick, & Tired

Sorry all. I know that a lot of you reached out this weekend, but honestly I wasn't in the mood to engage that much. Congratulations to all of the people who got bingos over the past couple of days. I saw and kept updating the "Bingo Calls" post when I got a notification.

I don't know why I am surprised at the U.S. Senate at this point. I think what made it worse was the gloating and mocking by the elected officials against women this weekend. It was awful and it really does feel like the U.S. is dancing ever close to a dystopian novel. I hoped that people would actually do the right thing for once, but too many in the Senate just don't care and seem to think that women everywhere are liars and get confused when we come forward to report someone for sexual assault. The FBI investigation was a joke and a half and even ex-friends who were all that woman is lying don't get why they rushed through things and didn't speak to witnesses. It's at times like this I want to leave my job and just go find a quiet place in the country and just read books. I really wish there was  job that pays you to read and not interact with other human beings.

I also unfortunately at the same time this mess happened came down with something that is affecting my left ear, jaw, and even my left eye. Probably just stress and anger. Either way though it has caused me to have a migraine from Sunday on. I spent most of last night sleeping poorly because my head hurt so bad I couldn't even fall asleep. I finally just got up and said well time to fight another day.

I am tired though. Sometimes it feels like it's taking way too long for the arc of justice to swing back around. However, my older relatives just clucked at all of us this weekend and said that fighting for civil rights wasn't done over night. You keep fighting since you know it's the right thing to do. So I am going to hold onto that, avoid Twitter for the next week, and just keep putting one foot in front of each other.

If you haven't registered to vote, please do so, https://www.usa.gov/register-to-vote and if you are having a terrible time with the way things happened this week, it's okay to call a timeout and take some time for yourself. I spent most of Saturday/Sunday reading romance books and sputtering at characters. I definitely needed some me time. Still finished some books for Halloween bingo too though.