oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Naked Prey (Lucas Davenport, #14)
John Sandford
Courtney Milan
Progress: 100 %
Flag Counter

MELBOURNE CUP DAY-24 TASKS

Task 1Pick your ponies!  MbD has posted the horses scheduled to race; everyone picks the three they think will finish (in any order).

Got one point for this! Red Cardinal!

Task 2:  Cup day is all about the hats.  Post a picture of your favorite hat, whether it’s one you own or not.

Honestly my favorite hat is my Washington Nationals hat. That is my hiking hat. The pictures I have of it though show my face. So here is my second favorite hat. I wear this get-up every Halloween when giving out candy.

Task 3: The coloring of the “horse of a different color” in the movie version of The Wizard of Oz was created by rubbing the horse’s fur with jello. What’s the weirdest use of jello you’ve ever come across?

One of my friends uses gellatin to clean her deep fryer oil. I still think it's weird. I did dig around with Google this morning and found this though, so apparently this is a thing! I think this is up there with people using vodka to clean their bathtubs.

Task 4: Have you ever been to or participated in a competition involving horses (racing, jumping, dressage, whatever)? Tell us about it. Photos welcome, too!

Yep! Every year my friend throws a huge Derby party for the Kentucky Derby and Cinco De Mayo. I won $100 this year after betting on Justify! Here are some pictures from the party this year. He and his husband do a huge crawfish boil too. I loathe crawfish.

Book: about horses or a horse on the cover.  Books with roses on the cover or about gardening; anything set in Australia.

It's been on my list for ages. Finally going to settle down and read The Thorn Birds. Have a hold on it, so hopefully it pops up in a week or two and I can start it.

The Thorn Birds - eBook