oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Suddenly Single
Carol E. Wyer
Star Crossed
Minnie Darke
On the Come Up
Angie Thomas
The Waste Lands (The Dark Tower #3)
Stephen King
Beach House Memories
Mary Alice Monroe
The Girl in the Tower
Katherine Arden
The Everlasting Rose (The Belles #2)
Dhonielle Clayton
The Winter of the Witch
Katherine Arden
Flag Counter

DIWALI-24 TASKS

Diwali

Task 1:  Share a picture of your favorite light display.

Not lit up for the holidays yet! But you can see the candles and lamps that surround it.

Task 2:  Cleaning is a big part of this holiday; choose one of your shelves, real or virtual, and tidy / organise it.  Give us the before and after photos.  OR Tidy up 5 of the books on your BookLikes shelves by adding the CORRECT cover, and/or any other missing information. (If in doubt, see here: [insert link to MbD’s how-to post from earlier this year.]]

I did clean up my shelves with this renovation! So I have before pictures. Will have to take pictures tonight for after.

Before

After

Task 3: Eating sweets is also a big part of Diwali. Either select a recipe for a traditional sweet, or make a family favorite and share a picture with us.

I miss cooking and baking. One of my favorite things to do during the winter time is to bake brownies. Here is a recipe that I have used time and time again. Go to All Recipes if you are looking for the exact recipe and you want to know about trying to tweak it a bit.

Best Brownies

1 tablespoon honey

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup confectioners' sugar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.

To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons softened butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Stir until smooth. Frost brownies while they are still warm.

Task 4: During Diwali, people pray to the goddess Lakhshmi, who is typically depicted as a beautiful young woman holding a lotus flower. Find 5 books on your shelves (either physical or virtual) whose covers show a young woman holding a flower and share their cover images.

Thank you Goodreads! I picked books on my read shelf on Goodreads.

True Love (Nantucket Brides, #1)Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1)

Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2)Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4)

The Life ListBlossom Street Brides (Blossom Street #10)

Book: Read a book with candles on the cover or the word “candle” or “light” in the title; OR a book that is the latest in a series; OR set in India; OR any non-fiction book that is ‘illuminating’ (Diwali is Sanskrit for light/knowledge and row, line or series)

Two potential books:

Title details for Summer Light by Luanne Rice - Available

Hmm maybe this book. Will have to see.