oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

The Breakdown
B. A. Paris
A Great Deliverance (Inspector Lynley #1)
Elizabeth George
Progress: 20/720 pages
Flag Counter

Wonderful Cookbook!

Together: Our Community Cookbook - Hubb Community Kitchen

What a great cookbook! I have started to buy more cookbooks these days because I love to just make something to eat at home. It seems every winter like clockwork I go into hibernation mode (due to the weather) and I want to be able to make something that is filling, that is not going to have 1,000 ingredients, and that for the most part I can get done in an hour or less.

"Together: Our Community Cookbook" is pretty great. I loved all of the color photos that accompanied the recipes, the foreword by HRH The Duchess of Sussex, and also the community members who added little personal anecdote before getting into the recipes. It made it seem as if a friend is sharing a recipe with you.

This cookbook is divided into the following: Foreword; Introduction; Breakfasts; Snacks, Sharing Plates and Dips; Lunches and Dinners; Salads and Sides; Desserts and Drinks; Index; The Royal Foundation; Cooking in the Community/Recipe Notes; and Acknowledgements.

Not going to lie, I don't recall one cookbook I currently own that gets into breakfasts. That is seriously my favorite meal of the day. Most of the recipes I have for breakfasts I just find on Pinterest. I do own Martha Stewart's one cookbook that gets into the type of meals that you can make depending on your cookware (crockpot, dutch oven, cast iron skillet, etc.)  The first thing I am going to try though is the simple chocolate cake recipe. I really want something like this to enjoy over winter with a nice cup of coffee.