oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Void Moon
Michael Connelly
Exhalation: Stories
Ted Chiang
Progress: 139/368 pages
The Victim
Max Manning
The Waste Lands (The Dark Tower #3)
Stephen King
Sarah Broom
Flag Counter

3rd Degree

3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club, #3) - Andrew Gross, James Patterson

Ehhh. This book showcases all that is wrong with the Women's Murder Club books. It had too much going on and we end up with a huge loss at the end of this one.

Lindsay is investigating what appears to be a murder and then arson to cover it up of a wealthy Internet millionaire. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but the people behind this and other murders are going to aim to wipe out capitalism. The murder case really isn't front and center until it impacts one of the ladies that is part of the Women's Murder Club.

Lindsay meets a new love interest in this one and honestly he has as much presence as her last lover did which was zero.

Most of the other women are ignored in this one except for Jill. We get some history on her and her marriage and it just comes out of nowhere. Patterson didn't do a great job of setting things up.

Eventually the case and the personal collide and nothing made much sense to me. It felt like Patterson was racing to the end and not really making sure that things were developed in a logical way.