oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Uprooted
The Witches Are Coming
Lindy West
The Truths We Hold
Kamala Harris
A Place of Hiding (Inspector Lynley, #12)
Elizabeth George
Daisy Jones & The Six
Taylor Jenkins Reid
Flag Counter

This is Where I Leave You

4th of July - Maxine Paetro, James Patterson

I hoped to get further into my re-read but stopped here. I forgot hot bad the writing and character development is in these books. I managed to get up to the 9th book before and threw in the towel at this point.

There is way too much happening in this one. We have Lindsay on trial after the shooting of two civilians. The case could leave Lindsay bankrupt if the jury rules against her. She and the rest of the ladies of the Women's Murder Club are still reeling from Jill's death in the last book. And there seems to be a serial killer out there killing homeless people, but also linked to a case of Lindsay's from 10 years ago.

No one gets any development in this one besides Lindsay. That's okay, she's the lead, but the whole women getting together to solve crime aspect is missing in this one. Lindsay is on suspension and trying to relax after the shooting and goes to stay at her sister's place in Half Moon Bay. If you were hoping for Lindsay to interact with her sister and maybe talk about their father and what he was involved with, too bad, so sad, not happening.

Lindsay's love interest, Joe, is still around, and able to fly back and forth from D.C. it seems at the drop of a hat.

The reveal behind some of the murders made zero sense and we don't even follow up to figure out if what was being said is true.

We get an introduction to a lawyer named Yuki who Patterson is setting up to be Jill's replacement in the Club. Not too much happening here, and not enough to keep me reading.