oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons Series)
Leigh Bardugo
We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy
Ta-Nehisi Coates
Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood
Trevor Noah
Colonel Roosevelt
Edmund Morris
Toil & Trouble: 16 Tales of Women & Witchcraft
Tehlor Kay Mejia, Tristina Wright, Emery Lord, Andrea Cremer, Tess Sharpe, Jessica Spotswood, Brandy Colbert, Robin Talley, Anna-Marie McLemore, Zoraida Córdova, Brenna Yovanoff, Nova Ren Suma, Shveta Thakrar, Kate Hart, Lindsay Smith

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition)

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition) - Barbara Robinson I laughed throughout this hilarious story of the Herdmans consisting of Ralph, Imogene, Leroy, Claude, Ollie, and Gladys. My first thought is that I can see why the kids are terrible if their parents named them that.

This is honestly a short and sweet story about a clan of terrible kids who have their whole neighborhood and community in terror of what they are going to do next. I did laugh at one line that said that the Herdmans were the worst kids in the history of the world, they lied, stole, and played with matches.

Yes, apparently playing with matches is equal to all of that.

The story takes a surprisingly sweet turn to the ending. The illustrations by Laura Cornell were great and really brought the Herdmans to life.

I read this for The (Mostly) Dead Writers Society 2016 Genre Fiction challenge. And with this final book/review I completed my challenge for the year!