oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Fat Girl on a Plane
Kelly deVos
Progress: 28 %
Furyborn
Claire Legrand
Toil & Trouble: 16 Tales of Women & Witchcraft
Tehlor Kay Mejia, Tristina Wright, Emery Lord, Andrea Cremer, Tess Sharpe, Jessica Spotswood, Brandy Colbert, Robin Talley, Anna-Marie McLemore, Zoraida Córdova, Brenna Yovanoff, Nova Ren Suma, Shveta Thakrar, Kate Hart, Lindsay Smith
The Crow Trap (Vera Stanhope #1)
Ann Cleeves
Coming Home
Rosamunde Pilcher

About That Night (FBI/US Attorney #3)

About That Night (FBI/U.S. Attorney) - Julie James

This will be fairly short. I didn't like this one. Seriously. The plot was ridiculous and I am sorry I could not really get over a woman with an important job like Rylann's would be okay with her dating a former criminal. Then again it's a new day in the world and white collar crimes seem to just be getting ignored right now. That said, I didn't really like the male lead Kyle at all. I thought the two of them didn't really fit and thought the book focused too much on Nick and Jordan from book #2 for my taste.

"About That Night" has Rylann Pierce coming face to face with the guy she hasn't seen in 9 years after having an epic meet-cute, billionaire heir, Kyle Rhodes. Now that Rylann is working for the U.S. Attorney's office, she is in charge of wrapping up Kyle's criminal case. Initially brushing him off, she ends up having to seek him out again when another case comes up that needs Kyle's help.

I thought the whole Kyle is a witness that needs to help out the U.S. Attorney's could have been done better. I thought that James just rushed to wrap up that plot-line. The rest of the book was just Kyle and Rylann being together and they were not a big enough draw for me after a while. I think that James included so much from Jordan and Nick since there was not enough to hang a whole book on with these two.

The sex scenes were meh. Ultimately this book is mostly about Rylann having to decide between her job and Kyle, and I was all for her dumping Kyle.