oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Dashing Through the Snow: A Christmas Novel
Hubb Community Kitchen
The Round House
Louise Erdrich
Flag Counter

Reading progress update: I've read 100%.

Ghosted - Rosie Walsh

What a letdown. Walsh telegraphs most of the twists in this book except for one which was cleverly done. Other than that, she seemed reluctant to push the mystery or romance aspects of the book very hard. Another reviewer said it best, Sarah is ridiculously selflishly absorbed.

You eventually get all of the pieces to Sarah, but honestly I went eh. The biggest issue I had was that when you find out what’s been going on the romance for me died. It made zero sense for it to be this earth shattering thing after all of the secrets came out.

The other characters had way more problems and issues I wanted to focus on. Jo’s partner who didn’t work and threatened her about custody of her son. Jenni and her husband failing to get pregnant. I was actually kind of disgusted with how Walsh treated Jenni.

I think Walsh made a mistake transitioning to Eddie’s POV half way though. He seriously sounded like a doormat with regards to his mother and he didn’t seem to have a life. I also didn’t get why he loved Sarah. Their chemistry is non-existent.

Too bad Walsh didn’t lean into the romantic suspense side of things like she could have. She dipped her toe in a few times and let things die.