oblue

Obsidian Blue

Government drone by day and book lover and geek girl by night!

Uprooted
The Witches Are Coming
Lindy West
The Truths We Hold
Kamala Harris
A Place of Hiding (Inspector Lynley, #12)
Elizabeth George
Daisy Jones & The Six
Taylor Jenkins Reid
Flag Counter

Halloween Bingo Pre-Party: Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies or Others?

Interview With The Vampire - Anne Rice Twilight - Stephenie Meyer, Stephenie Meyer 'Salem's Lot - Stephen King Let the Right One In - John Ajvide Lindqvist

Sorry all, I had to do some self-care starting this Friday through the weekend. Still feeling kind of out of sorts, but wanted to jump back in here. Talking to all of you and having fun things to look forward to is helping. That and sending out the bingo prizes!

-Blue

My first horror book monster that I fell in love with was definitely vampires. I remember when Christopher Pike was writing his teen horror books I read "The Last Vampire" in one sitting. Then of course there were the sequels all over the place too.

771710. sy475

And who can forget R.L. Stine's vampire books as part of the Fear Street Series.

1159385

I then fell in love with Lestat in "Interview With a Vampire" finished that series to date as much as I could along with reading and finishing the Twilight series when I was overseas. I think there is something that had me going that it's so romantic to have an immortal being that would want to be with me forever so much that they would turn me into a vampire so we could be together always.

I eventually grew up (literature wise) and realized that I tend to really only like Stephen King's views of vampires and that they are evil. Even though I wasn't down for everything in Salem's Lot, I appreciated what King was doing. He revisits vampires in his Dark Tower series as well as his short stories such as "One for the Road" (sequel to Salem's Lot), "The Night Flier", and "Popsy." Other vampires stories I have enjoyed are "Let the Right One In" and "I am Legend".

I never really got into werewolves that much and I realized I didn't read a lot of werewolf books growing up beyond watching movies like Teen Wolf and Silver Bullet. And even though I grew up near Pittsburgh, I never got into zombies as a kid/teen/early adult. I think I only started really reading them after "The Walking Dead" got so popular.